Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tool # 11: Self Assessing and Reflecting

What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
When IPads are available for my classroom, I plan to use the Human Body App as a center when organ systems are introduced. Then, when students have basic knowledge, perhaps images can be incorporated into student presentations as each organ system is studied in detail.


How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?
I see myself becoming more of a learning coach  and less of a lecturer. I will give guidance on content to be learned, develop resources, and give instruction in appropriate tools, apps, and websites. Student will take more responsibility for producing product that develop their knowledge, and share information with other students. The drawback is the time involved. It is possible that selected topics will be covered in greater depth, students will have more enthusiasm and recall of information, but fewer topics can be covered.

Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was surprised at how much free information is already available to support my curriculum. I was also surprised at how much time it will take to find and adapt information.

I hope that the 11 tools will remain available as a resource next year. Although I have completed the program, I do not have the new devices in my classroom yet. I will need to review this information when I can actually implement some of these new techniques.

1 comment:

  1. The amount of interactive resources available is incredible and growing every day. I agree that writing good lessons takes time. The 11 Tools blog will remain up for you to access! We will also be hosting training this summer.

    ReplyDelete