Monday, March 19, 2012

Tool # 3:Fining Online Video and Images

Visit several of the video hosting/streaming sites mentioned above. Share with your readers which sites you found most useful for your content and why


I frequently use Youtube and Discovery Education as a source of videos to enhance my curriculum. I like Youtube because of the great variety available, however the videos tend to be short, and must be carefully pre-screened for appropriateness in the classroom. I like Discovery education because of the high quality and accuracy of the videos.

Using any of the video resources mentioned above, find and select two videos that may be useful resources in your classroom. Embed them in your blog. If they do not have embed capabilities, hot link them to your blog


I recently used a youtube video on physical therapy treatments in class. This video on passive range of motion exercises would also be useful as a review of the subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouOtMnigomI 


This is the video that the students viewed on gait training using crutches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh_dJZJvdZ4

Articulate what you learned about copyright and fair use. What was new to you
    As teachers, we must model the skills and behavior that we expect from our students. We cannot plagiarize, we must cite sources of text, video and images. We may use many sources for non-commercial use, but must be careful to restrict the use to the classroom, and not violate copyright. I have recently learned the proper format for citing images.

      Create a Dropbox account and add some files to it  How could you use this tool in your classroom
        I created a Dropbox account several months ago when I took Ipad training at the Guthrie center. I could use the Dropbox account to post assignments and lists of resources for students. However, I have been using my website for this purpose. Since that is what my students are used to, I will continue using my website I will consider using Dropbox next year, although I am not sure that it would offer an advantage.

        No comments:

        Post a Comment